Learn how what you’ve been through informs what you’re going through.
Workshop: Oct 23rd, 2020
Duration: 6pm – 8pm
10 people in person
Lauren is a body empowerment coach who teaches intuitive eating and movement, a trauma-informed yoga instructor, and a huge advocate of self-acceptance.
She’ll help you walk away from body shame, and love the skin you’re in.
Working with clients, Lauren has learned that so many women have what they think are “food issues” like binge eating, emotional eating, restricting, and chronic dieting. But upon further exploration, it’s often revealed that there’s more going on than most realize.
- The ongoing need to be thin is also a need to belong, and to be received by those you love.
- The compulsion to restrict is also grasping for control.
- The need to track calories and keep a tight rein on input and output is also an attempt to feel less overwhelmed and more in-check emotionally.
When we have needs that are not being met, our bodies and our food are often on the front lines, taking hits and absorbing the blows of our stress.
If you’d like to explore this and see how these principles affect your relationship with food and your body image, join us for this transformative workshop.
- Intuitive eating, how to practice it, and how it can set you free from chronic dieting
- How your past and what you’ve been through is informing your current relationship with food and your body
- The story you have around food and body image, and how you can rewrite the narrative to experience more ease and peace.
- How diet culture affects us subliminally, and how to be more discerning with social media and the internet.
- Binge eating and emotional eating: what is the difference, and how does it relate to your unique experience going into the holidays
- Food as self-care, and how to make decisions that serve your deeper needs.
For more information on Lauren, please visit her website https://thesimplestself.com/about and follow her on Instagram where she hosts a community of women setting themselves free from dieting and body shame https://www.instagram.com/thesimplestself/.